All Checkered Out

I think I'm technically wearing houndstooth rather than a checker print, but the post title is fitting since Miss Faith just wore herself down and is taking a nap.  Ah blissful silence.  Faith and I joined Mark's mom and his two oldest nieces for a late breakfast this morning at Friendly's.  I'm not sure how this one is still open since Friendly's went bankrupt, but they have pretty decent reasonably priced food; however, the service left a bit to be desired.  The waitress brought out the girls' food first but forgot about Faith's french toast.  When Ruthie handed the pancakes over to Kaitlin, Faith started bawling her eyes out, which always makes me break into a nervous sweat as I imagine people cursing me under their breath because of her piercing cry.  Our food came at least 5 minutes after theirs and we still didn't have the french toast.  We were able to give Faith some pancakes, toast, and home fries to calm her down.  The french toast arrived late and at that point, it was a bit of a waste since she was already full on other food.  People should know you don't mess with a kid's meal.

It's torrential rain off and on all day but close to 60 degrees.  Since I don't possess a rain coat (or umbrella) I threw on my Levi's trucker jacket (? not sure if that's the right style description) and grabbed my diaper bag.  I found this bag for a steal on My Habit when I was pregnant with Faith.  The bag is The Bumble Honey bag, made out of leather and originally priced for $450.  I bought it on My Habit for $85!  They don't make that specific bag anymore, but have the Buzz satchel, which is the same bag in nylon.  When deciding on a diaper bag, I did a lot of digging on other blogs and couldn't make up my mind.  Sheridan French of the Southern Eclectic (who I just found out is taking a break from blogging, I'm so sad- I love pics of her and her kids) loved the MZ Wallace Kate bag, but I just couldn't justify spending $395 on a nylon bag.  Marc by Marc Jacobs & Kate Spade are also pretty popular for higher end expensive nylon diaper bags.  That's why I was so happy when I found this particular diaper (featured in the pics below) for under $100.  It looks like a regular handbag (which is why Mark hates to carry it; however, he refused when I offered to search for a manly satchel bag).  One diaper line that I found in my searches was Tim & Leslie (bags via Amazon), which has structured faux leather and nylon bags in the $150-$180 price range and can often be found on sale at around $100.

#rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit-and-levis-jacket

#rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit-and-levis-jacket

#rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit-and-the-bumble-diaper-bag

#rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit-and-the-bumble-diaper-bag

#rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit

##rich-and-skinny-jeans-outfit

My Outfit:  Jacket- Levis, similar options here, here, and here / Shirt- Ralph Lauren (T.J. Maxx $19.99) / Jeans - Rich & Skinny (T.J. Maxx $43.00), similar options here, here, and here / Boots- Matisse forward boots (T.J. Maxx $79.99) / Diaper bag - The Bumble satchel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top