Surviving the storm

Snow Fall

Boston has survived its 6 inches of snow but made for a miserable commute home on Tuesday evening after work, which made me thankful I took the commuter rail into Cambridge.  To combat the weather and throw something quickly together, I paired my outfit with Chooka rain boots I purchased via Amazon a few years ago.

My Outfit

 


Scarf- Asos / Sweater- H&M (love the elbow patches) / Shirt- Filene's basement / Jeans- Rag & Bone/Jean

Lust Inspired Purchase 

Chooka Crocodilia Rain Boots

I don't actually have the rain boots on in the pics to avoid tracking snow all throughout the house but I thought to mention them as they are really comfortable and were purchased several years ago based on the style reminding me of Jimmy Choo for Hunter rain boots.

Image via Nitrolicious

At the time, I was debating on whether or not to splurge and spend $120 on a pair of Hunter rain boots.  When I started looking at them online, I quickly came across this Jimmy Choo pair and was immediately put off by the price tag of $295.  Once I had seen the pair, I become slightly obsessed with finding boots that closely resembled them, which I was able to find in my Chooka Pair.

Image via Amazon

The texturing is not as fabulous as the Jimmy Choos but still quite nice.  The next thing I need to invest in are some fleece liner socks.  I really like these as an alternative to wearing snow boots and are a cheaper upfront investment cost, although I wouldn't say no to a pair of fur sprouting Sorels.  You can buy these through Amazon right now for $59.  I am also realizing that this might be the first post I've done in a while that doesn't feature a T.J. Maxx or Marshalls purchase.  If you were hit by the storms, I hope you were able to stay inside and be warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top