How I Styled My Bridesmaids

mixed bridesmaids style, gray dresses, pink flowers, and mixed shoes

Since Pinterest has shown that the one of top searches today was bridesmaid dresses, I thought I'd upcycle one of my old posts.  In my original post, I shared my pinned inspiration for what I wanted my bridal crew to wear.  At the end of the post, I'll share with you what they wore.

WEDDING INSPIRATION (Post here)


I have been pinning away to determine what I like for bridesmaids dresses (Pinterest board).  I know that I like gray and blush and those will probably be the main colors for the wedding with one or two additional accent colors.  Based on that, I'd like my bridesmaids in gray or blush or a combo of the two colors.  In addition, I like the element of mixed dress styles.  Below is a collage featuring bridal party pics I found showcasing my preferred colors and/or the mixed bridesmaid dress styles.

bridesmaid dresses inspiration

I've included a close up of the top right corner picture so you can see the bouquets.  I love how the bouquet is a mix of light and dark blossoms, with the dark flower being a great accent to the pastel dresses.

gray and purple bridesmaid dresses with light and dark flowers
Image via 100LayerCake
My bridesmaids and I are going the day after Christmas to go dress shopping.  I'd like to find bridesmaids dresses that are knee length and in chiffon material.  I'm hoping that everyone will find a style they like within these two parameters.  Then they can have the option to buy a dress there, through a department store or online retailer.  I've found lots of gorgeous options on Etsy that look nice and are very afforable (under $100)!  I want each of my ladies to look beautiful and feel comfortable, which is why I really like the idea of the mixed styles as I know each of us like different fits and bust styles.  Can't wait to hang with my girls!

UPDATE ON MY BRIDESMAIDS


We went with gray chiffon knee length dresses that were a combination of Donna Morgan and J. Crew bridesmaids dresses.  My maid of honor wore blush pink.  As you can see, the neckline somewhat varied based on what each of the ladies were comfortable with.

gray and pink bridesmaid dresses by Donna Morgan and J.Crew

DETAILS - FLOWERS


The flowers were a combo of roses and carnations with 3 shades of pink.

pink bridesmaid floral bouquets

DETAILS - SHOES!


I allowed everyone to wear what they wanted for shoes as long as they were nude, gray, or silver.

gray, nude, and silver bridesmaid shoes

ONE MORE VIEW



How did you style your bridesmaids? I really like the mixed look and work well for my ladies. I had one soon to be mama and 2 of my bridesmaids just had babies so I wanted to make sure that everyone was comfortable and happy with the way they looked.

 Love, Candace Jean

 This post has been shared at these link ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top