Back to School Shopping Picks




I'm really glad I organized myself on Monday's post with a shopping list of fall essentials for Faith.  It helps since I really like to shop and I have a tendency to go overboard with the kids.  I have been reviewing the sales and found some perfect items over at GAP and Old Navy - see below.

GREAT DEALS


// 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 //

You can get all 12 items from GAP and Old Navy for $100 - that equals a little more than $8 an item - what a steal!!

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE

// 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // (top to bottom, left to right)

I wasn't too impressed with the selection of Girls clothing in the Nordstrom anniversary sale.  I don't know if it's been picked over since there was early access the week before for cardholders, but I was pretty disappointed.  I was also hoping they'd have some Boden clothing included.  They did have a great selection of footwear included in the sale - I'm really tempted to buy the metallic Vans for Faith.  I have not checked out the Women's clothing.  I don't really need anything nor do I want to be enticed by the sales pricing.

I also started checking out H&M and they have a lot of great deals with their organic cotton kidswear - buy 2 get 1 free, which includes a number of tees and simple dresses.  I'm going to keep browsing the sales and possibly buy a few things from GAP.  As I've mentioned plenty of times, I love their quality and on sale, their clothes can't be beat.  They are doing an extra 50% off their sale items right now.

The one thing I have pulled the trigger on buying is a backpack.  I don't want to wait too late and not be able to get what Faith wants.  I had initially wanted to get her the unicorn critter backpack by Pottery Barn, but once she saw the Skip Hop Eureka Unicorn - Zoo Collection backpack, it was game over for Pottery Barn.  

Image via Womanista - great roundup on backpacks

Image via Skip Hop, buy here

I bought Faith's at Target - they are running a deal right now, 10% off backpacks and lunch bags.  I was able to grab the backpack for $17.99, the lunchbag below for $8.99 and got an additional 5% off with my Red Card.


Image via Target, buy here

When do you do back to school shopping?  Are you going to take advantage of some of the great sales out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top