How I'm Styling Dean's First Birthday - Party Theme & Invitations

For Dean's first birthday, my husband agreed to a mustache themed party.  My friend Jill introduced me to the birthday party theme last year when she was looking for 1st birthday party inspiration.  I thought the decorations were really cute and loved the idea of the mustache props for phot ops. After the easy decision with my husband on the birthday theme, I started on the invitations.


INVITATIONS


I wanted to incorporate chalk board background and a mustache in the invitations.  Pixaby has a lot of free graphics and I found 2 that worked for my design.

CHALKBOARD

Image by ArtsyBee, download
MUSTACHE

Image by Glamazon, download

INVITATION FRONT

mustache first birthday invite

INVITATION BACK

mustache first birthday invite

I made the invitations on Canva, which I talked about the online program in this post.  I selected Card design graphic for my layout size, uploaded the two Pixaby images and got cooking.  One of their free graphics was this Happy Birthday card, which is where I got the image of the candles.

canva happy birthday card

PARTY THEME ELEMENTS

Now that I have the invitations out of the way, I can focus on Pinspiration and select ideas that will be easy to replicate DIY projects, baked goods, and party supplies I can find online.

DIY HIGH CHAIR BANNER

I found this great tutorial on making your own DIY high chair birthday banner on blog Life Anchored.

DIY high chair banner
DIY Post on Life Anchored

BIRTHDAY BANNERS

Burlap banner with mustaches from Kara's Party Ideas

mustache party banner
Black and White Mustache Party

I could use pictures of Dean and add mustaches to his cute little baby face as created by Blue I Style.

mustache banner with baby photos
Mustache Bash First Birthday

SNACKS & DRINKS

Pretzel cigars by Catch My Party

pretzel cigars for mustache party
Mustache Bash Photos

Chocolate Mustache Pops by Sugar Hero

mustache chocolate pops
Chocolate Mustache Pops

Decorate your water bottles with mustache duck tape - amazing because I found some at Target on clearance - woot woot!!

mustache duck tape for water bottles
Image via Pinterest



PARTY FAVORS

Mustache printables that I can use for mustache photo ops by Stacey W Porter and kids can keep as party favors.

mustache printables for photo ops
Stacey W Porter Free Printables

Party favor bags by 'A Casarella

mustache party favor bags
A Mustache-A-Preneur

What have you done for first birthday party ideas?  If you seen great mustache ideas, please share.  I'm excited to get party planning underway once we get through Dean's baptism next weekend.

Love, Candace Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top