My Dining Room Spring Tablescape


On Saturday, Faith and I had a little mommy and me time after dance class.  First we went to Target and browsed, after I returned a few things we found Faith a promised pack of Shopkins.  No people - the obession has not gone away.  Then we headed over to my other favorite store, HomeGoods, which was a goldmine of finds.

I was able to update my dining room with a spring tablescape with only $36 budget.  It is a bit colorful, bold and floral, but I like it!  My husband was not a huge fan (he was more into the gray), but Faith told me it was beautiful.  HUGE Plus - the floral tablecloth I picked up is made from spill proof, stain resistant material (a mix of polyester & cotton) - which we know is not 100%, but will hopefully fare better than my gray linen tablecloth when an entire pint of chocolate milk was split on top (courtesy of you know who).

BEFORE

NEW TABLESCAPE

  • Benson Mills Lola 60 x 104" tablecloth - $14.99
  • Classic Home Essentials 13 x 19" placemats - $7.99
  • Benson Mills braided edge round 15" placemats - $6.99
  • April Cornell Naturally Beautiful 16 x 16" napkins (set of 4) - $5.99
  • Total - $36
  • My centerpiece - elements I purchased before Easter 
    • Faith & Smile glass mason jars - Michael's for $7
    • Silk flowers - A.C. Moore $4
    • Owl salt & pepper shakers - options here & here

UP CLOSE OF PLACEMATS & TABLECLOTH

LARGER TABLE VIEW


OTHER T.J.MAXX / HOMEGOODS PICKS

Here are some picks I found online that I really like.


One thing I forgot to purchase was a table runner.  Oh man - I'll just have to stop by HomeGoods again and look for one.  It is a bummer because I saw an all white one with daisy quilt print on it - maybe flower overload, but I think it would go.

I hope you like it!  As I mentioned, I more of a gray/neutral kind of gal, but something about the tablecloth sucked in.

Love, Candace Jean.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top