Dichotomy

My fiancee Mark and I have completely different styles, do not like shopping at the same clothing stores, and our ideas of what looks attractive on the opposite sex is not what either of us typically wear.  Mark wears loose, relaxed fit jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, and baseball caps.  The majority of these purchases come from PacSun, Journeys, and Quicksilver (his jeans- Macys).  His idea of a sexy outfit on a woman is workout wear- spandex leggings, tee, hoodie, and sneaks.  The spandex leggings could be interchangeable with bootcut jeans.  For me, my dress style leans to the casual end of the spectrum, aiming for fashionable comfort in my outfit choices.  As you've determined from reading my posts, ~75% of my clothes come from T.J. Maxx/Marshalls and I'm willing to spend a lot more on a clothing item than Mark.

A few Christmases ago, Mark bought me a few items at PacSun, including this jacket.  Since I'm not a huge fan of the store's clothing styles, I never wore the jacket.  However, it's been warmer during the day and I like the plaid pattern so decided to wear it and switch up my outerwear.  While I like the colors and pattern, the jacket isn't very substantial so I might try to find a way to repurpose it.

#Levis-bootcut-jeans-T-by-Alexander-Wang-shirt

#Levis-bootcut-jeans-T-by-Alexander-Wang-shirt

#Levis-bootcut-jeans-T-by-Alexander-Wang-shirt

#Levis-bootcut-jeans-T-by-Alexander-Wang-shirt

My Outfit:  Jacket- Kira from PacSun years ago / Scarf- Limited from a few years ago, options here, here, and here / Shirt- T by Alexander Wang / Jeans- Levi's Demi Curve Bootcut / Shoes (not featured) - B.O.C. ankle boots

I love the fringe on this scarf and the mustard yellow color.  This T by Alexander Wang shirt is so soft- it's a linen/silk material combo and extremely comfortable.  I purchased it on THE OUTNET two years ago - similar options here and here.  After putting together yesterday's monthly overview, I realized that I didn't bring my bootcut jeans into the rotation as much so picked my outfit around the jeans.  My goal for tomorrow is to get my pics done in the AM and get my post out before mid-day.  Hope you all had an ok hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top