Wedding Update: Dresses Galore

Bridesmaid Dresses

Maid of Honor

This past weekend, we were able to find my MOH's dress.  My sister (my maid of honor), my mom, and I went to a bridal shop in Watertown and Alise had the opportunity to try on a bunch of dresses.  At first, we started with some short chiffon options, but after Alise tried on several long gowns and we saw how good they looked, I decided Alise could rock a long dress in petal pink.  The color looks great on my sister since she has dark hair and blue eyes.  The store only had the dress we loved on her in charcoal gray color.  Below is the dress she ordered in petal pink and then pics of her in the charcoal gray version of the dress. 

Bill Levkoff Style 495



Unfortunately we had to sneak pictures in the dressing room since the place didn't allow picture taking.  This dress looked amazing!  I can't wait to see Alise in the dress on the big day!  Here are a few pics of Alise in another dress that also looked great, but Alise liked having the straps.  It makes it for a worry free evening in not having to constantly tug on the bodice.



The rest of my ladies

Below I've done a round up of various dresses I suggested to the rest of my bridesmaids.  I would like the bridal party in short gray chiffon dresses.  There is a variety of dresses by Donna Morgan through Nordstroms and a couple of options through J. Crew that I think are great options for my ladies rather than ordering their dresses through a bridal shop.  (With bridal shops, the dress needs to be ordered at least 4 months before the wedding date.)  In addition, I've assembled shoes and hairstyles that I think would complement the dresses.  With Alise wearing petal pink and the rest of the ladies in gray, silver sandals will go with both colors and I like braided updos- I think it will give a bit of grecian style to the party.

Bridesmaids


Wedding Dress

Below are a few pictures of the wedding dress that I tried on that was my favorite.  Its a Romona Keveza dress from her Fall 2011 collection that I tried on at Vows in Watertown.  The dress is a fit and flare trumpet design and definitely my favorite style I tried on.  Vows sells sample dresses that you buy right there rather than ordering, allowing you to get designer dresses at 50% off or greater.  My mom and aunt are very talented seamstresses and will be making my wedding dress based on this style.  My aunt made two of my paternal aunts wedding dresses as well as various flower girl dresses and christening gowns over the years.  I'm confident it will come out amazing.  



  
I included the last picture, which is a Kenneth Pool wedding gown because it gives a full frontal picture of me in the style dress as well as showing this fabulous blush color that I really loved.  This dress was made out of organza material, which was a lot lighter and more breathable than the material of Romona Keveza gown.  Now that we have the style, we need to find a dress pattern and fabric.  Excited to get started!  Hope you ladies like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top