Creating Your Own Burt's Bees Gift Basket

My husband's cousin and wife are expecting their first baby the end of April and came up for a weekend last month.  His parents hosted an open house get together and invited people to bring baby gifts.  The open house was a success - the party was in the evening, included the full fam (men and children), and didn't involve the opening and showing of baby gifts.

One of the items on their Target registry was Burt's Bees Baby® Organic Better Bathtime Basket.

Image sourced via Target

This set was priced on the registry at $60, but out of stock.

Basket included;
  • Bathrobe
  • Hooded towel
  • Washcloth
  • No-tears baby wash
  • Nourishing skin lotion
I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees baby products, which I discovered with Faith.  The cotton of their products is unbelievably soft and holds up extremely well through numerous washes (no pilling!).  Other brands that I love for the same reasons are +aden + anais , Spasik, Vitamins Baby, and Absorba.

As many of you know from reading my previous posts, I am obsessed with finding great deals, which is why most of my shopping occurs at +Marshalls +T.J.Maxx +HomeGoods .  I went to one of my local +Marshalls and found the following:

BASKET

Purchased a blue scalloped design shower caddy for $14.99.
Other options below:

Image 1 sourced via Etsy shop DivasIntuition
Images 2-4 sourced via Target, purchase here, here, and here



SHOWER PRODUCTS

Purchased Burt's Bees Sweet Memories Gift Set $19.99
(only item not purchased at Marshalls)

Image sourced via Target


Includes:
  • Burt's Bees 8oz shampoo & body wash
  • Burt's Bees 6oz body lotion
  • Burt's Bees 3oz diaper rash ointment
  • Burt's Bees 0.8oz soap

NEWBORN ESSENTIALS

Images 1, 2, 3 sourced via Burt's Bees
Image 4 sourced via Nordstrom
Image 5 sourced via Boots
I also found a pack of baby velvet hangers and a set of Spasik washcloths.  In total, I spent the same amount as the Burt's Bees gift set, but made it my own and due to the deals at +Marshalls I was able to include a few extra baby essentials.  So next time you're shopping for baby shower gifts, consider your local TJX store.  I'll feature a future post on recent finds for myself and Dean at +T.J.Maxx .

I've shared this post on Round Tuit linkup.

Love, Candace Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top