Simplicity at its best

While I did not watch the Golden Globes last night, I always receive the emails from Lucky and WhoWhatWear listing the best dressed of the night.  As I was scrolling through the round up done by WhoWhatWear, I came across this picture of Reese Witherspoon in none other than a Calvin Klein dress.  It brought me back to my love and everyone's love of his designs on the red carpet during the 2011 Golden Globes worn so elegantly by Claire Danes and Emma Stone.  I decided to scan through the years in between of his designs featured on the red carpet and found some other great examples.

Image via WhoWhatWear



2013 Appearances


Image via NY Daily News

Image via modayadair.blogspot.com

2012 Appearances


Image via Telegraph.co.uk

Image via fabsugar

2011 Appearances


Image via Fashion Autopsy
Image via Babble.com

I love the colors, the flow of the material, the simplistic design, and that one feature that gives the dress sex appeal.  As seen in the 2011 designs, the entirety of the back is on display with a modest front.

In reviewing the best dressed round up, the one nomination I do not understand is Zoe Saldana.  I don't know what it is- I have some sort of mental block towards her and just can't get behind the love fest for her.  She is consistently listed in the best dressed category and while I like her street style, I never love her red carpet choices.  Below are a few that have been selected.  Love or hate her style...what do you think?

Image via FabSugar


Image via JustJared


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top