Summer Showers

I’m back!!...from an unplanned months long hiatus...coming back as a married woman with a new job and in the works to have a new last name.  I didn’t intend to neglect the blog for so long, but the wedding planning and job search consumed my free time and  I stopped my daily posts.  I write this as a promise to myself to keep going now that the craziness has settled.


Wedding

The wedding ended up coming together really well and while I have a few gripes with my venue, I was more than happy with my wedding dress, the decorations, flower arrangements, and choice of wedding colors - gray & pink – all things I had discussed in previous posts.

Below are several pictures of my hair; the flower pins I bought at Charming Charlies.




Here's one full length picture of me in my wedding gown.  My aunt made the dress based on the wedding gowns I tried on at Vows and it came out amazing.  The belt I purchased at David's Bridal to add a little something extra to the dress and chose not to wear a veil.  As you can see, I'm trying out my sassy face (somewhat successfully).


My bridal party looked absolutely gorgeous and all the different designer dresses blended well together. 

My cousins Jamie and Julie

Courtney (our makeup artist), me, and Alani
Once I have possession of the wedding photographs, I’ll do another post with pictures highlighting the various details.


Wedding Party Gifts

Since I knew that most of my bridesmaids had varying necklines, I asked that they not wear necklaces and I provided them all with a pair of earrings to wear for the big day.  It took a lot of searching (and obsessing) about which earrings to purchase, but I settled on these from J. Crew Factory.  They’re gorgeous in person and not too big, which was my one fear since there was no picture of the earrings on a mannequin.

Image via J. Crew Factory, crystal drop earrings buy here
To pull together the rest of the gift, I found a blush colored suede makeup bag that could also be used as a clutch in case they needed something to carry around the small essentials (ID, money, lip gloss).  Then, I found this Essie nail polish set and just had to get it.  Plus it fit perfectly in the makeup bag. 

Image via TJ Maxx, Monserat de Luca bag buy here


Images via Amazon, Essie Mini Cube Wedding, Mariage Collection 2014 4 Pcs





Hope you enjoyed the few snapshots from the wedding and I'll get back to the daily outfit posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top